So far I’ve dropped in the water…
- three windlasses (dropped in locks, always keep spares);
- four mooring pins (now I only buy the sort with eye holes);
- one boathook (while trying to moor in strong wind);
- one set of keys (always keep a spare set);
- one watering can;
- one mobile phone;
- one photo frame (fell out of the side hatch);
- one shoe;
- a couple of mugs;
- a £250 camera (ouch);
- and myself once.
I also once drove off leaving the boat pole behind on the towpath.
My watering can fell in Sonning Lock last night while I was tying the boat up. A fellow boater who saw this happen went back to his boat and brought back a magnet on a rope. He soon retrieved the can for me and said he often goes trawling for dropped windlasses, paints them and resells them. I’d like to thank that gentleman.
Someone appears to have dropped their car in the Thames… going to need a bigger magnet.
Magnet on a rope
How many windlasses can you find in each lock?